The final part of the third START webinar “Sustainable Solutions to Unlock the Potential of Thermoelectrics and Secondary Materials” was dedicated to the investigations that our consortium partners have carried out on the presence of tetrahedrites and other useful sulphides in many European countries, analysing several mine sites and their wastes.
The footage we present you today includes three speeches. Piotr Lipiarski (GeoSphere Austria) and Thomas Unterweissacher (Unterweissacher) have covered the topic “Tennantite and tetrahedrite from two Austrian mine waste sites“; Concepción Fernández Leyva (IGME-CSIC) talked about “Tetrahedrite Deposits in Spain“, and Stanistav Šoltés (Štátny geologický ústav Dionýza Štúra) discussed about “Tetrahedrites from Mária Mine, Rožňava, Slovakia“. A nice cross section of the situation, indicating the potential for recovery of these sulphides for our project, to transform them into thermoelectric devices. At the end, the speakers held a common Q&A time.
Share the link to all the colleagues who could be interested in watching this webinar, and keep in touch for the next video from this webinar (coming soon!), and next webinars! Have you already subscribed to our mailing list? You can do it right now in our “Contact” page!
Agenda of the 3rd START webinar, 31st May 2023, 14:30-17:00 CEST
- 14:30 Bruno Vicenzi (European Powder Metallurgy Association) and Filipe Neves (LNEG) – Welcome and introduction
- 14:35 Doug Crane (DTP Thermoelectrics, START Scientific Advisory Board) – “Thermoelectric energy harvesting: principles, challenges and opportunities”
- 15:10 Q&A
- 15:20 Julie Hollis (EuroGeoSurveys, START Scientific Advisory Board) – “The role of EuroGeoSurveys in supporting the EU’s ambition to boost domestic critical raw materials supply from secondary resources including mine waste”
- 15:55 Q&A
- 16:05 António José (Bundesanstalt für Geowissenschaften und Rohstoffe) – “Sulphidic mining waste in Germany”
- 16:15 Piotr Lipiarski (GeoSphere Austria) and Thomas Unterweissacher (Unterweissacher) – “Tennantite and tetrahedrite from two Austrian mine waste sites”
- 16:25 Concepción Fernández Leyva (IGME-CSIC) – “Tetrahedrite Deposits in Spain”
- 16:35 Stanistav Šoltés (Štátny geologický ústav Dionýza Štúra) – “Tetrahedrites from Mária Mine, Rožňava, Slovakia”
- 16:45 Q&A
- 17:00 End of webinar